Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Peeling the Strata
Jamie Banes at Canessa
November 8-26, 2010

Reception Friday, November 19, 7 - 10pm  
Gallery hours MWF 11am - 3pm                               
and by appointment

My attraction to the energy of urban areas inspires a playful, excited examination of the frenzied systems around me. Highly active environments such as ports, stations, airfields, or sub-street infrastructures feel like childhood experiments with Tinkertoys and Lego bricks, or voyages into Richard Scarry's seemingly chaotic worlds. I’ve been exploring my awareness of these arrangements and my position within them, making associations with anatomy and physicality, and allowing myself the opportunity to revisit a youthful mindset that seems more and more fleeting. --Jamie Banes
Market Street Corridor


Jamie at jamiebanes dot com

Canessa Gallery Artist's Resource
708 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, California 94111
415-296-9029